The Ultimate Guide to Getting a Pushup - Part 2 - The Progression
In PART 1 of this series, we covered the mechanics of a correct pushup. PART 2 is an all-inclusive progression for everyone, regardless of experience level. This will get you to your first pushup, or will increase your existing pushup capacity.
HOW TO USE THE KINETICOACH PUSHUP PROGRESSION
- Each PHASE in the KINETICOACH Pushup Progression starts with a test. If you can comfortably pass that test, then move to the next PHASE. If not, begin the PHASE at a PART where you are challenged, but can complete the assigned work.
- PHASES are broken into PARTS. A PART = your assigned work for the week. You'll repeat each PART 2-3 times in that week (for example, do PART 1 on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, then move to PART 2 the next week).
- Don't move to the next PART until you can complete all assigned work in your current PART
- Don't skip the stretches! The KINETICOACH Pushup Progression includes flexibility work to keep you safe. This increased flexibility and shoulder stability reduces injury risk in daily life and improves your performance in other exercises.
- Don't skip ahead. Attaining your first pushups safely is not a fast process (for most). Follow our progression, and only advance to the next phase when you can honestly pass the phase test.
- It's common to spend 1-2 weeks in each PART of a PHASE.
- Use the KINETICOACH Manual Timer functions to keep you on task.
- The KINETICOACH YouTube channel has full tutorials of every movement & stretch in this progression. Checkout our Playlists and subscribe to see new movements.
KINETICOACH is the best fitness App for business travel, vacation, and home. It was developed by business travelers and fitness professionals with more than 30 years of personal coaching experience and decades using hotel gyms.
CUSTOM WORKOUTS. ZERO EXCUSES.